These beautiful chimes feature the 8 symbols of happiness. The tingshas are hand cast using a special bell bronze, made by Tibetan artisans using methods passed down from generation to generation. They have been used for centuries by Tibetan Buddhists to prepare for meditation. When the two pieces strike each other they produce a clear, pure, cleansing sound which can be used to focus the mind before and after meditation or for space clearing to remove negative energies. Photos shown are all of the same set of bells, they look silver in some lights and have a goldish hue in others.
Sounding the tingsha bells is a lovely way to begin or end a facial, bodywork treatment, or yoga class, or to call for quiet in a room.
The 8 Symbols on these bells are as follows:
- White Conch Shell: The white conch symbolises the sound of an enlightend person sharing their knowledge
- Precious Umbrella: Just as a parasol would shade you from the sun, the precious umbrella symbolizes protection from harm
- Victory Banner: The victory banner is a proclamation of triumph over obsticals and negativity
- Two Golden Fish: The fish symbol stands for fearlessness while swimming in a sea of uncertainty
- The Wheel: Symbolizes the continuous motion down a proper path of living
- The Endless Knot: A metaphor for the eternal continuum of consciousness
- Lotus Flower: the full blossoming of wholesome deeds in blissful liberation
- Bowl of Treasure: An icon to demonstrate the body as a container for long life, wealth and prosperity
Note: Each handmade piece is unique. Small imperfections are part of the artisanal process and are to be expected.